Here’s my workout summary for Week #01:
- Mon: rest
- Tues: 4 miles easy/moderate/easy (outside)
- Wed: BodyRock W2D4
- Thurs: weights (upper body, abs)
- Fri: 5.1 mi / 60 min easy/slow run (treadmill)
- Sat: BodyRock W2D5
- Sun: 2 mi easy run (treadmill) + weights (legs, abs)
Total Week #01 mileage: 11 mi
Days weightlifting: 2 days
And in terms of eating, because health isn’t all about working out:
- Weekly calorie balance: 2700 calories under maintenance for the week, ~385/day below maintenance target
- Macronutrients: 45/27/28 carb/fat/protein (goal: 45/20/35)
So, week 1 in review.
My calorie levels are looking good; I don’t want to go much lower than this or I won’t actually build/maintain the new fitness I am working so hard at. I know that after this first month I’m going to need to increase, to keep up with my increased weekly mileage, so for right now I am okay with the deficit.I could probably go a little bit higher, if I could get the macros right.
I really need to get more protein into my diet — without accompanying fat.Or carbs. This is tricky. I had a couple meals out this week, and I was relatively good, but it’s really hard to get those macros into the 45/20/35 range. And hilariously I “should” be at more like 40/20/40! oh well.
Workout-wise, I feel good about it. I managed to get in two days of pretty heavy lifting, and I got my three runs in. And I only had one rest day; I did at least a BodyRock on the other days. This is probably my favorite thing about BodyRock – it keeps me doing something on days I’d be much more likely to take off.
For week #02:
This is going to be tricky, because I’m going on a business trip from Wed-Fri. I’ll be down in Louisiana and I don’t know what the schedule’s going to be like or how the hotel gym is. So, I’m trying to make a plan that will incorporate that.
- Mon: BR
- Tues: 5 mi easy/tempo/easy run
- Wed: hotel gym weights, or BR in hotel room
- Thurs: rest (don’t know schedule)
- Fri: 70 min long slow run (in the evening when I return)
- Sat: BR
- Sun: 2 mi easy run + weights
I know eating will be a little off when I am traveling with work people, so my only real hope is just to stick to it on days I have control over it. And try to pack some snacks.