Week 03 was tricky. I feel like I didn’t do as much as I should have, even though I got all my runs in and they went really, really well.
- mon: rest
- tues: 4.8 miles of Speedwork
- wed: weights, upper body and abs
- thurs: rest
- fri: rest
- sat: 75 min / 6.3 mile LSR
- sun: rest
Total Week #03 mileage: 11.1, although it will be a bloc of 14.1 after tomorrow (I’m moving today’s easy run to tomorrow because I had to bump the LSR to Saturday; it just depends on when you start your bookkeeping.)
(week 02: 12.5 mi)
Days weightlifting: 1 day only
And in terms of eating, because health isn’t all about working out:
- Weekly calorie balance: 2469 calories under maintenance for the week, ~350/day below maintenance target
- Macronutrients: 42/25/32 carb/fat/protein (week 02: 42/27/31 week 01: 45/27/28) (goal: 45/20/35)
So, week 3 in review.
My neck/shoulder condition has been a clincher this week. I only felt comfortable doing one day of weights and I probably shouldn’t have even done that. The runs were good, although the tabulating is off because I had to bump everything down by one day. This week’s actual mileage will be 14.1. Either way running feels a lot better, so I’m pleased with that.
My macronutrient balance is slowly moving in the direction I want, towards more protein and less carb and fat. It’s hard though. It looks like I’m already at a “balance” point that works for me, since it hasn’t changed very much in three weeks. If I really want to change it up more it’s going to take some effort.
I’ve been under on calories – significantly – for 3 weeks running, actually 4 or more (although my bookkeeping wasn’t quite as anal until I started this blog). According to the math I should have dropped 3 pounds over the last 4 weeks. During week 04 when I’m resting I’ll “weigh in” every morning so that I can take an average over the days and see whether my weight is trending as it should. 3 pounds is not really significant though; I can gain or lose 3 pounds just by drinking coffee and taking a trip to the bathroom. Nevertheless, I should be able to see something.
For week 04:
Week 04 marks a rest week. This is important. I also have a personal trip this weekend (see how I did that?) so I won’t have time for as much anyway.
- I won’t be lifting weights or doing BodyRock at all, in the hopes that my neck/shoulder bit will recover.
- Weekly mileage will be 9-10 miles, in increments no longer than 4 miles, as best as I can fit them in. They’ll all be slow.
- won’t be tracking calories over my weekend.
I have some posts lined up this week to keep things interesting while I’m resting. 🙂